Happy kids #ednchicago #everybodydancenow
Excited to see a full house at this 250 person venue! #ednchicago
From Everybody Dance Now!’s Founder and President, Jackie Rotman:
Just a reminder that the Grape-Nuts “Do Something Extraordinary” Facebook Contest is going on for about 2 more weeks - closing on Feb 4th! The contest is a way to encourage people all over to go after the dreams and goals they’re interested in, and to become inspired about what is possible! Grape-Nuts will be awarding $5000 to one lucky individual at the end of the contest to make his or her dreams a reality. I’m excited that Everybody Dance Now!’s story is being featured in the contest, alongside 3 others:
- Sean Swarner, who climbed the tallest mountain in the world with only partial use of his lungs, after having beaten cancer twice – and then started a nonprofit, CancerClimber, to help people living with cancer do extraordinary things
- Tyler Tervooren, who inspired a movement of people committed to “Advanced Riskology,” or “avoiding the way it’s supposed to be” – and made a list of life goals that he’s making a reality, including climbing the world’s tallest mountains and running a marathon on each continent
- Greg and Rachel Denning, who moved with their family of 7 on a trip to explore the world starting in 2007 – driving in a truck fueled by recycled vegetable oil from Alaska to Argentina, and living in places like Costa Rica, India, and the Caribbean!
I cannot wait to see the inspiring entries and learn about the dreams that other people want to see come to life, with possible support from Grape-Nuts!
Here are 5 reasons why you should apply:
1. This can be a chance to kick-start your dream project and make a difference.
2. It’s free to enter!
3. You can get your creative juices flowing!
4. My mentor as I was building EDN!, Julie McLeod, told me that getting your ideas, dreams, and goals on paper makes them much more likely to be accomplished. Clarifying what you want to do and writing this down – setting your mind to it — is a huge portion of the work! From there, it’s just about taking those first next steps to make your goals a reality.
5. You never know! Your idea might just be the lucky winner…. Read the stories of the Dennings, Tyler, Sean, and EDN!, and get inspired.
Just a couple more weeks left to enter! Check out the details HERE.
A Note from Everybody Dance Now!’s Founder and Board Chair, Jackie Rotman:
I’m really excited about a contest that is about to start, the Grape-Nuts “Do Something Extraordinary” Facebook Contest. Grape-Nuts is launching a program to help people achieve the extraordinary. They’ll be awarding $5000 to help one inspiring winner make his or her dreams a reality! To help inspire fans and people who are interested in entering the competition, Grape-Nuts is profiling 4 stories of how ordinary individuals were able to achieve extraordinary dreams. We’re excited that Everybody Dance Now! (EDN!) is one of the stories that Grape-Nuts is featuring in the contest to inspire others!
8 years ago, EDN! was a vision and a dream — something yet to be manifested or put into life. In the spring of 2006, we began our first 3 EDN! classes, after months of planning; and by 2010, we were helping young people throughout the United States launch their own EDN! chapters, based on the success that we had had at our founding chapter in Santa Barbara, CA – which was holding 17 classes per week at the time. Today, EDN! has provided free hip-hop dance programs to more than 2,500 children in 10 cities throughout the United States who could not otherwise afford access, and we’re excited to see the movement continue to spread — with a cohort of 4-6 new chapters beginning in early 2013. (Stay tuned for more details on where these chapters are being created – or email email@example.com ASAP if you’d like an application to start your own chapter… there are a still more openings!) This entire organization has been led by ordinary individuals - from 13 year-old volunteers to Advisory Board Members to university students to community activists and supporters. I feel proud that EDN! demonstrates how grassroots efforts, led by anyone, can result in change and can uplift communities and individuals.
The Grape-Nuts “Do Something Extraordinary” contest is promoting the message that that is possible- and I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of it! Over the next few weeks, I’ll be a judge for the entries that are submitted for this contest. The contest runs from Jan 7th to Feb 4th - so if you have an idea for something extraordinary you’d like to do, don’t hesitate! Apply and/or get inspired by the stories being featured in the Grape-Nuts campaign! Good luck!
Everybody Dance Now! leaders and chapter directors take on Do Something Bootcamp! #everybodydancenow #dosomething #dosomethingbootcamp (Taken with Instagram at Do Something Bootcamp)
Our Summer Leadership Conference Training has begun! Welcome new Everybody Dance Now! Directors/chapters! #everybodydancenow #edn #leadership #youthmakingchange (Taken with Instagram at Santa Barbara - CA)
LIKE this video for EDN! To win a 15,000 grant! Please retweet/share/facebook this message. http://bankingonyouth.org/everybody-dance-now/ #dance #nonprofit #youth #dancer #win #vote #votevotevote #share (Taken with Instagram)
The big day! Breakdance Project Santa Barbara is T O D A Y! Peabody Charter School. 2pm-5pm. It’s going to be sick! #bpsb #everybodydancenow #dance #dancer #breakdance #follow #youthrun #nonprofit #color #balloons #handprint #photo #signs (Taken with Instagram)
Are you excited for BPSB?! I know we are! Come show your support! June 9th 2-5 pm at Peabody Charter School! #bpsb #everybodydancenow #edn #breakdance #free (Taken with instagram)